A Semester Amid a Pandemic: Learning New Technology

Even though this class was already a completely online course before the pandemic, this semester is still going to look a lot different being mostly online. We will have to learn more and more about technology to survive the fall. 

I have taken a few online classes as a student, but this class is unlike any of the ones I have taken. This class is based more on blogging and reading than my other classes. Again, it is fresh and a nice change for me!

Learning how to do Zoom was pretty new to me when we were thrown into it during the spring, but I feel like I can figure out technology stuff pretty quickly. Out of all of the tools listed, I am only familiar with image editing (Canva), Canvas (for obvious reasons), and Twitter. Other than that, blogging and website publishing are pretty foreign to me. Luckily, all of the browser tune-ups I already had, so I was good on that end. 

I am excited to learn how to blog, which I have already gotten the hang of, but I am also excited to learn how to make my own website. I feel like all of this will be very helpful for me in the future, especially during/after the pandemic. I feel like the world is finding its "new normal" to be more online/remote, so knowing all of these tools will be very useful.

I am not too tech savvy, so I do not have any tips for browser stuff.

(Zoom Logo from The Verge)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap