My Favorite Place: Hawaii

I have been so fortunate to travel to so many different places in my life, so it is very hard to narrow it down to just one favorite! However, if I had to pick, it would be Hawaii.

My family and I decided to vacation in Hawaii the summer of 2016. We stayed in Maui, Kauai, and Oahu. Hawaii is one of my favorite trips because I am a big beach person and it was just absolutely beautiful there!


Stop #1: Maui

In Maui, we stayed at the Grand Wailea (which some of you may recognize from Just Go With It!). It truly was a slice of heaven.

(Grand Wailea Mermaid Fountain by The Sweetest Escapes)


During our stay, we drove around the whole perimeter of Maui, including journeying on the Road to Hana. My favorite town was Lahaina because it was the cutest surfing town ever! Maui was probably my favorite island just because there was so much to do. Also, the sunsets were unbelievable!

(Photograph by me at the Grand Wailea from June 2016)


Stop #2: Kauai
We stayed at the St. Regis in Princeville in Kauai. Kauai is known as "the Garden Isle" due to its tropical rainforest vibes. It was by far the prettiest island (landscaping/vegetation wise).

This was the view from our hotel room and where I went surfing and paddle-boarding. For all of my Puff the Magic Dragon fans, this is where the story of Puff came from! He is not fully pictured but you can see the red dot on the stretch of land, which represents his nose and nostril. 

Fun Fact: This picture over looks the town of Hanalei, but to get the song to rhyme, they changed the pronunciation to Honalee.

(For those of you who are not familiar with Puff, listen to the song here!)


(Photograph taken by me in June 2016--on an iPhone 6!)


Stop #3: Oahu
Our last stop was in Oahu, where we stayed at Turtle Bay Resort. Oahu is the island with the prettiest water--it was so blue! Oahu was probably my least favorite island because it was so industrialized (especially with Honolulu) and it didn't feel as authentic as the other islands.

(Turtle Bay Resort by Conde Nast Traveller)


Hawaii is still my all-time favorite trip! If anyone is ever able to go, I highly recommend! For the people who have also been to Hawaii, comment your favorite island and thing to do!

Comments

  1. Hi again, Libby! Here I am again leaving a comment on this lovely post. I actually lived in Hawaii my freshman year of high school, and it made a huge impression on me, so different from anywhere I had lived before! And I never heard this Puff the Magic Dragon bit of trivia before: that is my learn-something-new item for today already! Do you think you would be interested in a Hawaii project for class? The Hawaiian mythology tradition is BEAUTIFUL. Here is a list of free books about Pacific Island Mythologies online :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap