Time Strategies

Time management is vital to success, yet it is one of the most overlooked strategies for everyday life. Personally, I feel like I have a good grasp on time management because I am the complete opposite of a procrastinator. My theory is that it is better to finish work now and have fun later than to have fun now while stressing about all the work that is being put off for later. However, after reading some of the articles provided, I have realized I have been making some key mistakes in time management.

The first article I read was "The Myth of 'Too Busy'." I really enjoyed this article because it challenged me to think differently about how I describe my time. Like Grahl mentioned, some people pride themselves in being busy all the time, which I find myself doing sometimes, too. But in reality, being busy means you are not prioritizing very well (or you are just using the word wrong). So, this semester I am challenging myself to describe my time differently.

The second article I read was "How to build a realistic study plan that you will actually stick to." I loved this article because it taught me how to utilize my planner better. I am that person who always gets a super cute planner for the beginning of a new year, only to use it for the first 3-4 weeks. Collins gave some good tips on how to actually use it, though. The most important tip for me is to put my planner where I can see it, so that way I actually use it and not forget about it in my backpack.

 (Photograph from In the Loop--the second article) 

I do struggle with putting off study/review time (not homework) for other things like Netflix and social media, so another goal for this semester is to actually block out time for review. I am really looking forward to improving as a student this semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap