Week 2 Reading Overview


Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: __Cupid and Psyche_______

Week 4: ____Bible Women_____

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: ____Arabian Nights_____

Week 6: ____Ancient Egypt_____

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: ____Brer Rabbit_____

Week 9: ____Japanese Mythology_____

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: ____Alaska_____

Week 11: ____Pacific Northwest_____

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: ____Celtic Tales_____

Week 13: ____Alice in Wonderland_____

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: ____Italian_____

Week 15: ____Hans Christian Anderson_____

I am not going to lie... I was worried I wouldn't find some of the units interesting. However, after browsing through the storybooks, I am genuinely excited for EVERY unit, especially European (that's where the Disney stories come in the most)!

I was hoping to find Polynesian and Hawaiian stories, but I couldn't! I wish those were on there (or if they are, I wish I could find them).

 (Photograph from The Little Mermaid Part 2--Mermaid Statue)

I chose this image because as an extreme Disney fan, I am really excited to read the original stories. The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies, so I chose to include this cool statue of the original Little Mermaid.

Comments

  1. I am so glad you found things you like, Libby! And even with its 100 units, the UnTextbook is barely the teeny-tiniest tip of the story iceberg, which is what the Storybook project is for: that's a chance for you to find ANY topic of interest to you, read stories (extra credit reading!), and follow your own curiosity. I have collected LOTS of books of Polynesian and Hawaiian stories here: full-text books of PACIFIC ISLAND stories online ... that's a personal interest of mine too since I lived in Hawaii for a while when I was little! So definitely keep that in mind as something to explore for the Storybook brainstorming later in Week 2! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap