Week 5 Story: My First Victims: Adam and Hawa

While I have had many success stories, no story tops the very first one: the turning of Adam and Eve.

Let me back up. I was cast out of heaven long before Allah created the first man. Then Allah created this botanical garden, so I decided to reside there.

One day, Allah stirred up some dust and created a human being. It truly was a strange creature, but it was something new for me to play with, so I was just as happy. However, I had to wait 40 years and 40 days in order to start with my games, for that is when Allah breathed the life into him.

I decided to sit back and observe the creature--who Allah called Adam--for awhile before messing with him. During my observances, Allah had split Adam in half to make another creature, this one smaller and prettier. I decided to push back my plans to observe the both of them some more.

Boy, was that an entertaining idea! I had to pop some popcorn for all of the drama. The smaller human would not submit to Adam because they were made from the same dust and should be treated as equals. Oh man, that was a good quarrel! Allah decided to end the feud by casting her out of Paradise, so I got to take her in and she became the mother to all of my servants.

I think Allah was upset that I got to take the female, so he took one the ribs from Adam and created a new small human, who they all started to call Hawa. I decided to scope Hawa and Adam out from afar, letting them be happy, before I would swoop in.

When I was ready to make my move, I decided to take the form of a serpent. My plan of attack was simple: target Hawa, the weaker one, and get her to make Adam and herself eat the forbidden fruit and make them unforgivable in the eyes of Allah. It was fool-proof!

I slithered my way to Hawa and used some very kind and convincing words for her to eat this delicious red apple, which she did! And she got Adam to, as well! My plan had worked out flawlessly!

As a result, I was cast out of Paradise (expected) but as a bonus, Hawa and Adam were cast out, too! Ha, it was amazing!

Yes, 200 years later they met again, but who cares! I got Allah's first two human servants to disobey him! That is definitely a win in my book.


(Painting of Eve and the Serpent from Bible-Science Guy)

Author's Note: My story is based upon a folklore from the Holy Land and was not my original idea. What I changed about it was the perspective it was told from. I decided to write from the point of view of Satan, instead of a third party.

Bibliography: "Our Father Adam." Folk-lore of the Holy Land: Moslem, Christian and Jewish by J. E. Hanauer (1907). Web link.

Comments

  1. Hi Libby, I love that you told this story from Satan's perspective. I love when stories are told from different perspectives (especially the villain/antagonist). You did a good job giving the audience an insight of Satan's thoughts without losing the important details of the story. You also did a good job adding some personality to Satan and a slight sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Libby.

    Good job with the story. It was interesting to see the story of Eden told from the perspective of Satan. You wrote it so that, for him, this was all just for fun. A bit of fun at the expense of man is very on brand for the guy. It's good stuff.

    If you were to do a rewrite, it might be worth it to give Satan a bit more motivation for pushing back. He has to observe them, but why? Is he trying to figure out how best to mess with them? It would only need a few words but it would lend a lot to the story and Satan's character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap