My Storybook Favorites of August 2020

 Hawaiian Mythology:

If you have read my "Favorite Place" blog post, you already know that I love Hawaii, so this storybook automatically caught my attention. As I started reading the introduction, I started gaining more interest because the storybook was about Hawaiian culture and the myths/stories that stemmed from it. I am somewhat familiar with Hawaiian/Polynesian culture from personal experience and a few Disney movies, but I am by no means an expert. With that being said, I am interested in this storybook so that I may learn more about Hawaiian culture.

I really like the layout of the storybook. It is very simple and neat and contains very beautiful pictures. I like how easy it is to navigate with the tabs at the top and I also like all of the links provided in text.

Tales of Davy Jones's Locker:

The title immediately caught my attention because I am a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean fan! As I opened the storybook, the layout was just so amazing and stunning! I love the picture of the ship! But the part that blew me away the most was how great the writing was. The author did a FANTASTIC job writing this storybook: it's so captivating! 

Like the Hawaiian Mythology storybook, it has the tabs at the top that I like because it is very easy to navigate. Also, on the homepage, there were links for each tab, which I thought was a nice touch.

(Photo from Davy Jones Storybook, cited from Flikr)

Animal Tales:

This is an oldie but a goodie! I grew up in the Baptist church, so I am very familiar with Bible stories. Also, my religion plays a huge part in my life, so seeing a storybook about the Bible really caught my eye. 

After reading the introduction, I was hooked! This storybook is told from the perspective of a DONKEYS from various Bible stories. Ugh, I love it! It's so creative and fresh. 

Because this storybook is a little older, I am not as impressed with the layout (obviously technology has advanced). But, it is still clear and easy to navigate, which is nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Dermatologist

Week 7 Story: The Real Story of the Lovers' Leap